Recognizing the need for local higher education following the Revolution, in 1833 the State of Delaware granted a charter to a new institution in town, Newark College, later renamed Delaware College. The college itself shut its doors in 1858 as a result of a student fracas and the coming of the Civil War. When Delaware College reopened in 1870 it had become a land grant institution assisted with federal funds. In 1921, the college received a revised state charter and a new name – the University of Delaware.
From townhomes and older single-family houses to large, new construction, a variety of housing is available throughout the Newark area. There is also a considerable amount of investment opportunities with rental properties marketed towards students.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.